KPL on their side have chairman James Musyoki, his predecessor city lawyer Ambrose Rachier and Mathare United chairman Bob Munro. Muthomi will be the JEC secretary.In its ruling on Tuesday afternoon, the Sports Disputes Tribunal instructed the two bodies to abide by the Memorandum of Understanding signed in September 2015, but stripped KPL of its casting vote, ruling it will be insurbodinating the federation.According to the September 2015 agreement, a JEC is supposed to decide on the expansion of the top tier at least one season prior. This season, with FKF kicking out three clubs on club licensing reasons, the league will have 15 teams.“It was a fair ruling which observed the rule of law. We will now wait to hear of the final outcome and we are all hoping for a permanent solution so we can focus on the football,” KPL CEO Jack Oguda told Capital Sport.The JEC will have its meeting on Friday morning at the FKF headquarters in Kasarani and the discussions must be concluded by Monday, a day before they report to the tribunal the agreements they have come up with.FKF had earlier said they would foot the costs of adding two extra teams into the top tier and KPL had earlier admitted they will find no problem to accept the two extra teams as long as the federation does not back down on its word.In their submissions to the tribunal, KPL said adding two extra teams will change the financial dimensions of the other 16 teams in terms of shareholding and annual benefits.The federation had said they are willing to forego their annual grant of Sh10mn from KPL as well as top it up with a Sh5mn sum which sponsors SportPesa have expressed willingness to add, and will increase it from within their own accounts to ensure the league goes on without hitch.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000KPL Chairman Ambrose Rachier addresses the media after a joint meeting between KPL and FKF on November 12 in Kasarani. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaNAIROBI, Kenya, Jan 11- Football Kenya Federation and the Kenyan Premier League Limited have both nominated three members into the Joint Executive Committee (JEC) that will start discussions over the merits, modalities and mechanism for expanding the top tier league to an 18-team format.FKF will be represented by president Nick Mwendwa, his Secretary General Robert Muthomi and National Executive Committee member Robert Amimo.
Petr Cech could be willing to make the switch between Chelsea and Arsenal because he wants to break the Premier League record for keeping the most clean sheets, Carlo Cudicini has told talkSPORT.The Czech Republic goalkeeper, 32, has been usurped at Stamford Bridge by Belgian sensation Thibaut Courtois this season and has only started four games as a consequence.And with Cech keen to beat David James’ achievement of racking up 170 clean sheets – he currently has 162 – his former team-mate Cudicini believes a move to the Gunners could suit all parties.“Now we are four months into the season the decision the manager [Jose Mourinho] has taken to play Thibaut Courtois has [continued] and he’s doing all right,” said the Italian, speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.“[Petr Cech] did a fantastic job for Chelsea for ten years and he didn’t put a foot wrong, now he finds himself on the bench and obviously he’s not happy.“Is he going to move? I don’t know. I’m pretty sure he would love to stay in England. I think he has a record to beat [for the most Premier League clean sheets].“There was speculation to Arsenal but I’m not sure. There are a lot of things to take into consideration.”